Careers at MarketHub
Interested in joining the MarketHub team? View our open vacancies below or send your CV to info (at) market-hub.net.
Data Analyst/Data Scientist
Where: Cork, Ireland
What: To fill the function of co-developing and delivering data intelligence insights from our retail trading analytics tool Pulse to our ever-growing portfolio of International Retail Customers
Experience: 1 to 3 years
Physical retail is in turmoil MarketHub delivers agile retail intelligence that has a meaningful impact on wasteful practices in store – our insights are valued, trusted and easy to action
We are looking for a creative and innovative data scientist to help provide our retail customers with greater insights to their business through Pulse System.
As part of this team you will focus on various data science problems and closely work with the rest of the data, product, creative and leadership teams to drive valuable insights into Pulse. In MarketHub, you will have the opportunity to see a direct link between your effort and corresponding business critical questions, insights, and outcomes.
The role holder should deliver tangible and measurable value to MarketHub Customers partners by taking a data analysis role in the delivery of the retail trading data. The primary task will be to design and build end-to-end reporting support system that helps demonstrating execution of our product strategy. You will be responsible for (i) identifying the source data sources and objects in existing reporting systems; (ii) build mapping and models from existing data sources; and (iii) validating the mappings and models from data hubs by further devising metrics effective in analysis and reporting strategy.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
● Analytical Mind – You live and breathe value-driven analytics. It is one of your passions!
● Curiosity – You are genuinely curious about many industries, especially retail.
● Communication – You can explain what you’re doing
● Grit – You know data is not perfect, and you don’t need it to be. You can make the best out of a situation, roll-up your sleeves and get to work
● BI or regular reporting experience – demonstrable experience of using data to track and then drive business performance.
Ideally we would love to work with a colleague who has the following Skills and Experience
● Evidence that they have built a validated understanding of source systems.
● Any modelling / data warehouse design experience also a bonus.
● Work with business & IT partners to understand data requirements in projects
● Support the design & testing of conformed data models in downstream analytics applications
● Support the data preparation, curation and analytical pipeline
● Testing of data in analytics applications, to ensure data validity and reconciliation to source systems
● Support the design of data structures for archiving, to optimise both ingest and extraction of data from the archive.
● Support data impact assessments of service or project driven changes to systems.
● Make recommendations for improvements in our data services, enabling improved data access.
● Willingness to work with internal team, and external customers to develop analyses that help solve business problems and drive value
● Willingness to learn something new – a new programming language or data science technique
● Ability and willingness to do the Data Science: everything from scraping web APIs, heavy munging, thorough model validation testing and continuous feedback
● Have the ability to write sophisticated machine learning and data analysis code in R, Python, etc.
● Fluent in SQL and relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
● Ability to write data analyses reports for internal and external use
● Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation and share complex insights at all levels of the organisation
● Ability to problem solve independently and prioritise work based on anticipated business value
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative or relevant field
MarketHub is an equal opportunity employer. MarketHub will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.